We’ve been busy working on a new project – a web-based game server administration console, built to handle multiple game servers and multiple users under a single, user-friendly interface. We’ve affectionately named it RConTroll! Here’s a sneak peek…
Current features include:
- Add as many game servers as you like, each with as many games as you like.
- You can have multiple different games installed on the one game server, and switch between them with a couple of button presses!
- Console and command-line access *
- Game status/summary access *
- Log file access *
- Edit config files directly in the browser
- Upload additional files directly from your browser
- Realtime status of which games are running on each server
- Starting and stopping servers, as well as ‘killing’ servers that are not responding
- easy install plugins – just install the game, then the RConTroll plugin, and you’re ready to start using it!
- user-level fine-grained permissions – allow access only to certain parts of your servers, eg. one user can start and stop the server, but cannot change config files
- integrated billing system – allow all of your users to contribute to a monthly bill amount. You can even set the amount to add up to a profit if you desire!
We’d like some users to test out our Alpha release, and give us feedback on where we could improve it. Please post in the comments if you’d like to participate.
In addition, we’d like to hear from anyone on what games you’d like to see supported. Games must support dedicated Linux servers (if in doubt please suggest anyway).
Currently supported games:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
- Counter Strike: Source
* not all games support all features